Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Thoughts on Bicameral Government


The reasons that they formed bicameral Government is because it would benefit both the small states and the bigger states.  I also believe the reason that we went into bicameral is because the British parliament has had it since the 1300’s so that is the only thing that our country knew. The Framers who were people who shaped and created a concept or a plan had to create a two partied government to settle the conflict between the Virginia and the New Jersey Plans in Philadelphia in 1787. The Framers liked the bicameral Congress in order that one house might act as a check on the other.

 

I believe that this was a good thing but bad thing.  I am in favor of it favoring both small and big states because I think every state should be equal but I don’t think at the time our congress knew what it was doing when we changed to a Bicameral government. We only did that because Great Britain had it and that’s all that we knew of.  I wonder what our country would have done if Great Britain didn’t have a government and we were the first to start a government.

No comments:

Post a Comment